Selected chapter books we’ve read in the last year

Wednesday, December 1, 2010.

After a 14-month hiatus, we dust off Just One More Book to participate in the Canadian National Day of Podcasting, a virtual event intended to bring stale shows out of retirement for one-day in a festival-like reunion of online content creators.

In this episode, we highlight some of the chapter books we’ve read since parking JOMB last year.

Andrea’s picks

Mark’s picks

Pingback by Today is Canadian National Day of Podcasting | Mark Blevis

December 1, 2010 @ 6:52 am

[...] I’ve published a fresh episode of Electric Sky; an interview with Neil and Jeff of the Arrested Development Documentary Project. Also, Andrea and I published a new episode of Just One More Book in which we discuss books we’ve read during the show’s 14-month hiatus. [...]

Comment by Lee Edward Fodi

December 1, 2010 @ 12:49 pm

So great to have you back — even if it’s just for one time (though I’ll hold onto the hope that it becomes a regular thing)! You guys rock.

Pingback by Just One More Book ~ They’re Back « Between the Cracks of Here and There

December 1, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

[...] favourite podcast, Just One More Book, has returned with a special episode. It may just be a “one-off,” but I’m hoping they come back [...]

Pingback by Just One More Book ~ They’re Back | The CWILL BC blog

December 1, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

Comment by tanita

December 2, 2010 @ 10:42 am

Okay, I now know I need to read Ribblestrop.

I got to meet Christopher Paul Curtis this past summer, and … wow. Talking to him for awhile, you better understand from where the stories like Elijah’s come. As the book made an impact, so does the man.

Pingback by Canadian Podcast Buffet » Canadian National Day of Podcasting: The List!

December 2, 2010 @ 11:01 pm

[...] Just One More Book! [...]

Pingback by CanadaPodcasts.ca » Blog Archive » The (great) Canadian National Day of Podcasting

December 2, 2010 @ 11:11 pm

[...] Just One More Book! [...]

Comment by jules

December 3, 2010 @ 8:54 am

It’s great to hear you all again! Listening now…

Comment by Linda Ashman

December 3, 2010 @ 11:21 am

So wonderful to hear your voices!! I just reserved After Hamelin (I found the Pied Piper story very disturbing as a child–and as an adult, for that matter), and will have to look for Ribblestrop (our library didn’t have it). My best to all–Linda

Comment by Heather Jopling

December 5, 2010 @ 10:32 am

So glad that you guys did this! THRILLED. We are not alone in the wilderness and I think about your Contested Irrelevance speech at PAB Andrea – it was something that I needed to hear on so many levels. Thanks. I may not check in ALL the time, but I do check in. I may not be vocal, but I am here too!

Comment by Tarie

December 5, 2010 @ 11:21 am

SO GOOD to hear your voices again. =)

Comment by Mark

December 5, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

So great to be heard, again. We’ve really missed doing the show. Comments like these will certainly help motivate us to at least consider doing JOMB again.

Thanks so much, everyone!

Comment by AZ

December 7, 2010 @ 2:49 am

So good to hear your voices again! I love your enthusiasm for the written word.
You are precious people. Thanks for the episode!
-AZ

Comment by jan godown annino

December 17, 2010 @ 9:43 pm

Awesome, just awesome to have this fabulous post. Many thanks. -Jan

Comment by Marjorie

December 21, 2010 @ 4:44 am

As usual, I’m little late in the day – but sooo good to hear you all – and you’ve certainly given us some good pointers for bedtime stories.

Comment by Caroline Lennox

December 27, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

So good to have you back, and Andrea you look terrific, happy holidays xo

Comment by Sarah @ Mum In Bloom

January 8, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

I am thrilled that you’re back… even if only briefly. Your input, interviews and book suggestions are always appreciated. Thank you for all you do :)

Comment by Melitsa

November 20, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Wahoo! It was so nice to hear you guys again. It was pure joy to hear you all again..Thanks for one more time. :) Fab suggestions!