The Just One More Book!! children’s book podcast will be taking an indefinite hiatus so that Andrea and I can focus on making Andrea a Breast Cancer survivor. We received the results of Andrea’s biopsy, yesterday. This morning we met with a surgeon and discussed the treatment process.
Note that before we stop production we still have two interviews and four audio essays to publish. We also plan to do a “so long for now” show. If you’d like to be a part of that show, please leave a short comment on our voice feedback line,
206-350-6487 (UPDATE: our feedback line is no longer in service). We’ll include as many comments as is practical and reserve the right to edit any comments. We don’t know when we’ll publish the show so get your comments in quickly!
Just One More Book by the numbers:
- 1,362,954: total downloads in the last 18 months; an average of 2100 downloads per day (more than 2 million downloads since we launched in July 2006).
- 623: the number of regular episodes published
- 21: the number of shows in our Rock Stars of Reading documentary series
- 392: number of review episodes published
- 220: number of interview episodes published
- $0.00: the amount of money we accepted for JOMB (we self-funded the full production as well as all travel, accommodations and expenses and donated all of our time)
Thank you for being a part of our community and helping to promote great children’s books, the people behind them and a love of reading.
Best wishes and live strong!
Mark and Andrea