Which Children’s Book best represents your Marriage? Your Life?

Thursday, February 5, 2009.

Wonder of wonders, we actually remembered that today is our 10th Wedding anniversary… er well, today or tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary, Andrea!
Happy Anniversary, Mark!

To celebrate this important milestone, we’ve invented a meme and you’re invited to participate and to spread the challenge:

Which children’s book best represents your marriage? your life?

Leave us your answer as a comment, below, or if you choose to spread the meme, link to your own post.

Filed under: Podcast

February 5, 2009 @ 9:31 am

Here’s the twitter stream that launched this meme:

JustOneMoreBook: @markblevis so which kids book best suits our marriage???

markblevis: @JustOneMoreBook Just one?

toddtyrtle: @justonemorebook I am with @markblevis. I’d have a hard time choosing 1. Empty Pot comes to mind: honesty and equanimity.

toddtyrtle: @justonemorebook But would need other books for humour/fun and creative problem solving

JustOneMoreBook: @toddtyrtle good pick! The Empty Pot, illustrated by Tony Ross! I think we have a worthwhile meme here…

#JustOneMoreBook: @markblevis ok. a few. My pick would be something British, funny, with lotsof honest sloppiness, commotion, good-intentions, understated fun

Comment by Kimberly @ lectitans

February 5, 2009 @ 9:51 am

What a delightful meme! Here’s my answer:

February 5, 2009 @ 10:13 am

Great choice, Kimberly! That was one of the first that came to mind for me too

Comment by elliotte

February 5, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Les Malheurs de Sophie or Harriett the Spy.

/e

Comment by Candace Ryan

February 5, 2009 @ 2:27 pm

Congratulations, Andrea & Mark! What a great idea to create such a fun meme to celebrate the occasion.

In the case of my marriage, the representative book would have to be KNUFFLE BUNNY. As far as my life goes (especially as a writer), I have to go with Dr. Suess’s ON BEYOND ZEBRA.

Comment by patricia

February 5, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

I answered via Twitter, but I’ll say it here, too.

First, Happy Anniversary!

The kid’s book that best represents my marriage and my life would be Sendak’s ‘Pierre’. The moral of Pierre is CARE!

Comment by christine tripp

February 6, 2009 @ 9:44 am

Hummm, what a great question (and hard too)
I’ll pick “Stella, Star of the Sea” as a book that represents a good portion of my almost 36 years with “that man”:) I’m Stella of course, he is Sam:)
Congrats you guys!

Comment by Simone

February 7, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

Congrats on your anniversary. I will be celebrating my 8th year of marriage in April.

The book that best represents my marriage is The Missing Piece by Shel Silverstein. This book is actually how we first got in touch with each other.
The other ironic thing is a few years after we were married my MIL saw this same book in a bookstore – read it and bought it and gave it to us as a gift. She just thought the book reminded her of us – not knowing that we met because of the book.

Great question and I love your blog.

February 7, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

Patricia, Christine, Simone,

Thanks for sharing your stories and for helping to celebrate ours. It’s great to hear of successful marriages. And thanks for your kind words.

Comment by Rachael V

February 10, 2009 @ 1:36 pm

Ooh! The first thing that comes to mind is The House With a Clock In Its Walls. I call him Weird Beard, but I bake him cookies anyhow.

February 10, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

Rachael,

I don’t know “The House With a Clock In Its Walls” but it sounds like a good one so I’ll keep my eyes open for it.
Thanks for weighing in.

Comment by foolery

March 24, 2009 @ 5:44 pm

It would have to be “Everybody Poops.”