Kevin Bolger becomes a first time published author

Monday, July 7, 2008.

Kevin BolgerBy day he’s the popular Mr. B, a reading and writing teacher at First Avenue Public School in Ottawa. At night, he’s the creator of a fantasy world from medieval times — a time of not-so-brave-knights.

Kevin Bolger launched his first book on June 3 to a crowd of nearly 300 people. Despite its title, Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger, this young reader novel (with illustrations) is not mired in toilet humour.

This edition of Just One More Book!! features coverage of the book launch and excerpts from an interview with Kevin Bolger including discussions on how the book came together, how Mr. B submitted his manuscript using a computer in a public library and how being a published author will affect him as a teacher.

Comment by R. Rawley 10 y.o.

December 3, 2008 @ 5:00 am

I read this book in 1 1/2 days. This is the best book I have ever read, and I’ve read a LOT of books!

Comment by Evan Klein age 8

January 17, 2009 @ 3:13 pm

My husband read this book to our son, he really enjoyed it. He is hoping for another book about Sr. Fartsalot!

Comment by Martin Felsinger

April 14, 2009 @ 9:06 pm

My son and I have battled over reading in the past as we require him to read anything for 30 minutes a night. We bought this book for him on Easter and he is now reading it for the second time. PLEASE PLEASE OH PRETTY PLEASE MAKE THIS A SERIES ABOUT SIR FARTSALOT!!! This is the first time my 10 year old ever came to me and asked if he could read longer!!!!

Comment by Helen Bolton

September 7, 2009 @ 8:34 pm

I have two boys aged 9 and 11 who absolutely love our nightly session of reading a couple of chapters of Sir Fartsalot hunts the booger.
Fabulous book! Hope there is another one soon!

Comment by Joanie Wurster

October 3, 2009 @ 9:58 am

PLEASE write another book about Sir Fartsalot! This is the ONLY chapter book my 9 year old son has actually wanted to read by himself without being asked or told. Great book – would love to see a series!

Comment by Katie Holliman

October 21, 2009 @ 12:58 pm

I wanted to know what grade level “Sir Fartsalot hunts the booger” was as my first grader grandson is reading it and really enjoying it. I’d appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Katie Holliman

Comment by Russ Schmidt

December 17, 2009 @ 11:10 pm

I bought this book with the intent of reading it for my son and daughters, and ended up readind it to myself half at the store and half at home. Kevin, on behalf of parents with a sense of humor everywhere (and maybe our kids too) you simple must write something more. The list of possible subjects is endless, especially for someone of your ilk. Awaiting your next book with money in hand… I Now place your book within the confines of my most coveted works of about disk world and assorted works of Jane Yolen. Thank-you for a book that truly makes fun of how we see things in the fantasy genre without actually ridiculing it. Now the problem comes with finding a few more copies of ‘Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger’ to give as Christmas presents to my niece and nephews.

Russ