Robert’s Snow Online Art Auction for Cancer’s Cure: Interview with Diane Greenseid

Monday, October 29, 2007.

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall, and a Great Winter, Too!! by Diane GreenseidOn this edition of Just One More Book!, Mark speaks with illustrator Diane Greenseid about singing colours, the process of developing a book and the creation of her snowflake, Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall, and a Great Winter, Too!

Diane’s spunky snowflake is up for bids November 26-30, 2007,

Books mentioned:

Check out Diane Greenseid’s blog here.
Robert’s Snow: for Cancer’s Cure is an online auction of wooden snowflakes painted by participating children’s book illustrators. This annual event, which was started in 2004 by author Grace Lin and her husband Robert Mercer, has raised over $200,000 for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Just One More Book! is one of many online children’s literature resources participating in the promotion of this year’s Robert’s Snow auction. Over the next few weeks we will be publishing interviews with participating illustrators and we’re hoping that you’ll find yourself bidding on the incredible art that’s available to you during this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

You can read more about Robert’s Snow: Art Auction for Cancer’s Cure here.

Pingback by Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast » Blog Archive » Blogging for a Cure, Day 15

October 29, 2007 @ 9:14 am

[...] Diane Greenseid, featured by Andrea and Mark at Just One More Book!! [...]

Comment by Jules

October 29, 2007 @ 9:37 am

Andrea and Mark (and Diane!), this is great! I love how she talks about the difficult, time-consuming side of illustrating. And that’s not only ’cause I love to read about illustration, but because a lot of people tend to simplify what illustrators do, as if they are surrounded by little, cute, pink children’s lit bunnies all the time and can whip up something fast. But, as she said, it takes a long time for one book, and you realy have to keep your enthusiasm up. I can only imagine.

Her blog IS great! I scanned it while listening. I love her July post about the creation of the snowflake.

And I see that she wrote this at her blog:
“Mark is an incredible interviewer, always asking just the right question.”

WORD, Diane.

Thanks to you all! Such a great feature!

October 29, 2007 @ 9:49 am

Thank you, Jules!!!

I agree. And I LOVE her blog too. It is so honest and concise and she only writes when she has something very interesting to share. I love that she captured and shared her just-received-my-new-book photos and excitement, for example.

For me, the beauty of a blog is the intimacy, but it seems many bloggers feel pressured to produce on a schedule and the intimacy (and, I think sometimes the honesty) gets fuzzy.

Diane seems like the real deal, eh?

Comment by Jules

October 29, 2007 @ 10:01 am

Yes, she does. Now, can someone just add about five more hours to my days for great-blog-reading? :)

Comment by Liz in Ink

October 29, 2007 @ 10:32 am

What an awesome interview. Real live voices! And spunky snowflake indeed….

Comment by Sheri

October 29, 2007 @ 11:17 am

I love the originality of this! Adorable!

Comment by TadMack

October 29, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

Man alive, such a brightly colored, fantastic website, and a great interview! I really love the snowflake, and though I can’t probably score that, I’m pleased to see there are books to hoard — I mean, have.

Very cool!

Comment by Elaine Magliaro

October 29, 2007 @ 10:58 pm

Thanks for this interview with Diane Greenseid. Her 2007 snowflake is colorful and detailed and really delightful. I’ve had the opportunity to see the snowflakes in person. I am also the lucky individual who won Diane’s snowflake “Bear Soup” in the Robert’s Snow 2005 auction.

Comment by diane greenseid

October 30, 2007 @ 9:05 am

This is so much fun to see all these comments, and how exciting to find out the owner of my “Bear Soup” snowflake! Thanks Mark and Andrea, you are the best.

Pingback by Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast » Blog Archive » Blogging for a Cure, Day 16

October 30, 2007 @ 11:35 am

[...] Did you see yesterday’s features? I wish I had time to point out some highlights from all of them, as I enjoyed reading each one. Go check out Dan Santat’s unusual snowflake, featured by Kelly Fineman yesterday at Writing and Ruminating (and find out exactly what my new favorite word, “chillax,” means); go hear Blogging for a Cure’s second podcast and first informative audio interview (with Diane Greenseid) at Just One More Book!!; and, by all means, don’t miss Alissa Imre Geis’ snowflake (entitled “Hope for Winter”), as featured by Elaine Magliaro at Wild Rose Reader, because it has an excerpt from an Emily Dickinson poem on it, which is so flippin’ beautiful, it made me cry. I might even feature it again later here at 7-Imp. [...]

Pingback by Robert’s Snow Art Auction for Cancer’s Cure: Auction #2 Begins!

November 25, 2007 @ 3:45 pm