Interview with Eve Bunting

Wednesday, September 5, 2007.

Eve BuntingIt’s not easy growing up. Besides reading, writing and arithmetic, there are life lessons to learn and emotions to deal with. It’s especially difficult when death is part of the equation.

Eve Bunting is a master of helping children to understand the world around them and validating emotions. She’s published over 200 books and some of her best known work tackles issues including war, unrest and the loss of a friend.

Eve Bunting is our guest on this edition of Just One More Book.

Books mentioned:

Participate in the conversation by leaving a comment on this interview, or send an email to justonemorebook@gmail.com.

Photo: Sloan Bunting

Pingback by Eve Bunting interviewed « Pivotal Kids’ Books

September 5, 2007 @ 4:22 am

[...] Go to the Interview [...]

Comment by Hana

December 6, 2007 @ 3:50 am

I am so exited to listen to Ive Bounting the writer to one of my favorite books Fly Away Home. I read the story fly away home and I used for a class as part of my media text. The story touched a very important topic the Homelessness of children and their families. In my opinion, we are in need for more writers who would care about their communities to write books that touches social issues related to our society. It is very important that we introduce kids to social issues that effect if not shape their community. The interview is superior and interesting. I enjoyed the book so much and I am happy to discover the writer behind the book. thank you my dear Eve for this book.

Comment by eilzabeth

October 2, 2009 @ 10:22 pm

hey eve bunting i love your books would you come to texeas in weslaco in our school i raul gonzalez elemntery

Comment by Mrs. Carpenter's class

November 24, 2009 @ 10:39 am

Thank you so much for doing this interview with Eve Bunting. We’ve been doing an author study on several of her books. Our favorites are Fly Away Home, Your Move, The Blue and the Gray, The Wall, Gleam and Glow, and Jin Woo. She does an excellent job of leaving hope for the future in her endings and teaching us valuable life lessons. Shes an excellent author and we can’t wait to read more.

Comment by Heather

March 28, 2010 @ 9:03 am

I am doing a project on Eve Bunting in school. I have to become Ms. Bunting in a mini movie. I have read a selection of her books and they are all really great. I will read a few pages of The In-Between Days in the mini movie. Some of her books that I have read are: Nasty,StinkySneakers, CoffinOnACase, and SpyingOnMs.Muller. Keep writing books, Eve Bunting!!!

Comment by Heather!

March 29, 2010 @ 1:48 am

I love to read anything Eve Bunting writes. She is my favorite author. I first heard of her when I was doing a project and decided to read her books. They were great.