Interview with Elise Primavera

Thursday, May 17, 2007.

Elise PrimaveraThis episode of Just One More Book! is part of our showcase coverage of the International Reading Association‘s 52nd annual conference.

Mark speaks with author and illustrator Elise Primavera about her magical and endearing book, Plantpet.

Books mentioned:

Participate in the conversation by leaving a comment on this interview, or send an email to justonemorebook@gmail.com.

Comment by Rylee Borellis and Mackenzie Borellis

October 4, 2007 @ 4:50 pm

Hey,
Your book was great The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls.
We were wondering if you were making another book after this one.
E-mail back at .
E-mail soon!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Meg B.

January 24, 2008 @ 3:34 pm

Dear Elise,

“The Secret Order of The Gumm Street Girls” was honestly one of the best books I have ever read, and look forward the the next. The adventure with Pru, Franny, Ivy, Cat, Cha Cha and all the others were fantastic and it is the most unique, original book that I have read in a long time. I am so excited for the next book and can’t wait to buy it. I just want to say thank you for writing this book. I love to hear about Sherbet and can relate the characters to myself and others. I was so inspired by your writing that I just wanted to send out a comment.

Comment by Elise Primavera

March 3, 2008 @ 3:37 pm

Dear Meg,

I just happened to see your comment and wanted to thank you and tell you how happy it makes me to hear that someone has enjoyed “Gumm Street!

“Gumm Street” is my first novel and was three years in the making. During this time I had many emotional unheavals and working on the book was a place I escaped to every day — I don’t know what I would have done without it.

Thank you so much for letting me know that you enjoyed it — it means a lot!

Warm regards,

Elise Primavera

Comment by Mary

July 3, 2008 @ 10:16 pm

Dear, Elise

The moment I started reading the secret order of the Gumm street girls I couldn’t put it down! It’s one of my favorite books and I haven’t even finished it yet. I really hope that the sequel comes out as soon as possible. You have a vivid imagination, I have one as well, except mine usually has to do with butts… Anyways thanks so much for writing the book! I can’t wait to continue reading it I’m a big fan :)
(not in a creepy way)

Comment by Mary

July 7, 2008 @ 8:08 pm

I finished the book!
It had such a suprising ending, I loved it.

Comment by Mary W

July 18, 2008 @ 9:57 am

I loved The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls. I also can’t wait for the sequel. Let us know as soon as you have an approximate release date for the book!

Comment by Jackie :D

October 10, 2008 @ 10:35 pm

Dear Elise Primavera.

I absolutely LOVED your book, “Gumm Street”. It was so fun to read, and I have done 2 reports on it in my Language Arts class! I hope you make a sequel, and if you do, I can’t wait to read it!!!!!

Comment by Grace

January 28, 2009 @ 4:52 pm

Dear Elise Primavera,
I just finished your book The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls. I can’t wait until the sequel. When is it supposed to come out?

Comment by Jenny

August 19, 2009 @ 3:54 pm

Dear Elise,
I loved your book “The Secret Order of the Gum Street Girls”! I’ve read it twice! It’s one of my favorites. How did you get inspiration for it? I can’t wait till the next one is finished!

Comment by Ali

April 3, 2010 @ 11:10 pm

Dear Elise,
I LOVED THE GUMM STREET BOOK!!!! I am currently doing a big book report on it, and i am really excited!!!!!!

I really want to read the sequel!!!!
Do you have a planned date of when it might be coming out???????????

Comment by Mon

March 7, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

I absolutely love Gumm Street Girls, it is one of the best books I have ever read. About when will the sequel be published? I am working on publishing a book, I know how much time and effort it takes, but please please release the sequel soon! I cannot wait to read what happens. :)