Interview with Kate and Jim McMullan

Monday, January 22, 2007.

Jim and Kate McMullanAuthor and illustrator team, Kate and Jim McMullan, share a behind the scenes peek at the making of Nutcracker Noel — an “anti-romantic”, humourous, realistic book about ballet — and try to explain to us how such a wonderful, timeless book could go out of print.

Participate in the conversation by leaving a comment on this interview, or send an email to

Other books mentioned: I Stink!

Photo: New York Social

Comment by Whitney Hoffman

January 22, 2007 @ 9:20 am

Hey guys!
I love the PDF with all the books and episodes featured- a great idea! I have a bunch of organizing projects I need to take on like this, that I have been waiting for an intern to help me with, but I think I need to move this up the queue in terms of importance. You are wonderful!

January 22, 2007 @ 9:37 am

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words.

Actually, the great JOMB book list idea is thanks to Vivian of so we can’t take any credit for it.

See you soon at the LD Podcast,

Comment by vivian

January 22, 2007 @ 10:04 pm

I really enjoyed hearing this interview. Now I’m convinced to do an episode that focuses on Nutcracker Noel.

Thanks JOMB!

January 22, 2007 @ 10:14 pm

Thanks! Let’s set something up!

Pingback by Listener Submitted Reviews #10

March 15, 2007 @ 9:07 am

[…] The winner of a hardcover copy of Nutcracker Noel autographed by Jim and Kate McMullan is announced. We hope you’ll tell us about one of your favourite books too! […]

Comment by ashley rose

April 30, 2007 @ 11:16 am

hey i love your books see you at the heb book blast love ashley rose

Comment by Alondra

April 29, 2008 @ 9:09 am

Dragons Slayer’ Academy is one of the best books you have written so far love it!!…^.^